About The Lecturer II
- M.Ed. Curriculum Development and Evaluation, University of Guyana.
- Dip.Ed. (Post Graduate) Social Studies Education, University of Guyana.
- B.A. History (Major) Political Science (Minor), University of Guyana.
- Trained Teachers Certificate, Secondary Academic (History/Social Studies), Cyril Potter College of Education.
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- School violence
- Motives for choosing teaching as a career
- Curriculum/programme evaluation
- School Based Assessment
- EDC2101 Philosophical and Social Foundations of Education
- ESS/EGE/EHI4107 Philosophy and Issues in Teaching Social Studies
- ESS4203 Teaching Social Studies at the Early Childhood and Primary Level 11
- ESS5104 Methods of Teaching at the Secondary Level- Social Studies
- EDC5201 Action Research Project
- EDC5000 Practicum
- ESS5101/5201 Education Research Proposal/Research Report
- Head, Department of Curriculum and Instruction – 2011- 2016
- Lecturer 11 – 2009 – Present
- Lecturer 1 – 2000 - 2009
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Member
- Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) Member
Selected Research and Publications
- Simpson, H. (January, 2012). Evaluation of the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Gender Based Education Programme in Technical and Vocational Institutions in Guyana. Georgetown, Guyana: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) & Adult Education.
- Simpson, H. (2009).School Violence: Perceptions of Guyanese High School Students. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Vol.4, No. 5.
- Simpson, H. (2009). Caribbean Social Studies. Georgetown, Guyana: Ministry of Education and Cyril Potter College of Education Trained Teacher Certificate Distance Education Programme.
- Simpson, H. (2008). Social and Environmental Studies. Georgetown, Guyana: Ministry of Education and Cyril Potter College of Education Trained Teacher Certificate Distance Education Programme.
Faculty of Education & Humanities
- University of Guyana, Turkeyen Campus
- +592 222 4923